- Review the memory verse of the week, and talk about how it relates to the Truth section.
- TRUTH – Make sure your JG makes the connection between a balanced philosophy which is modeled after God’s motive (love) and goal (righteousness), and the principles of preventive discipline that are based on this philosophy. Your discussion can center on any of the principles presented in the material, but it is recommended that you give special attention to principle #2 (building appropriate attitudes, values, and habits by building a positive relationship) and #6 (praying fervently for your children). You can also discuss:
- the two IN BIBLE questions on Psalm 23
- the IN BIBLE question on Ephesians 6:4
- EQUIPPING – Discuss the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Equipping questions. Try to get your whole JG involved in supporting one another through this discussion.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Allow time for smaller groups of two or three to ask accountability questions and pray for one another.
- MISSION – Invite a few of your JG members to share what they wrote in the Mission Activity Log. Challenge your JG to make at least one entry in their log and be prepared to discuss it during your meetings. You should also challenge them to consider pairing with an accountability partner to track their progress in missional living for the next 30 days. Of course, they will be more inclined to accept this challenge if you lead by example.