- By now, everyone should have had an opportunity to share their spiritual journey and model a 20-minute time of personal worship using PRAISE. If not, you should make a phone call to anyone in your JG who needs an opportunity to complete these exercises. Don’t let anyone miss the benefit of doing this in the JG setting.
- A few people may be ready to recite the books of the New Testament. Continue recruiting people to recite in the next two meetings.
- TRUTH – Discuss the study question on Matthew 6:24. This is a proverbial statement personifying God and money as two different masters. The main point you should drive home is that money management is a spiritual matter that exposes the priorities of the heart. It has been said that a person’s checkbook exposes his/her loves, priorities, and beliefs. Discuss the difference in perspective between investing in this world, and investing in eternity. Talk about, and answer questions, about rewards in Heaven. Randy would like you to emphasize these points from Philippians 4:14-17:
- Every believer has a heavenly “bank account”
- Deposits are made into that account every time we give to God’s Kingdom with good motives
- God pays excessively high dividends on every deposit we make
- EQUIPPING AND ACCOUNTABILITY – be sure to discuss some of these questions, especially questions that encourage people to be thinking about life change in regard to stewardship.
- MISSION – Allow time for people to share their experience talking with people on their prayer lists.