- Review the memory verse of the week, and talk about how it relates to the Truth section.
- Review the Pentateuch, Historical, and Poetic books of the Old Testament.
- TRUTH AND EQUIPPING – This week your JG had to address temptations they face with specific applications of scriptural principles drawn from the IN BIBLE passages. You will probably want to spend most of your meeting time here. You should keep these things in mind during the discussion:
- The tone of the conversation should encourage transparency and accountability.
- Help your JG apply the Scriptures to their lives. This simple phrase will help, “With God’s help I will…”
- Be alert for signs that any of your JG members may be struggling with especially destructive or addictive sins, e.g. drug or alcohol dependence, pornography, etc. These people need your help and guidance. They may benefit from joining a support group, or from having a specific accountability partner. Make a note to have a private conversation with them to explore what could be done to help and encourage them. Feel free to discuss the matter with your coach if you need guidance.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Allow time for smaller groups of 2 or 3 to ask accountability questions, and pray for one another.
- MISSION – Continue last week’s discussion about using The Answer and the Life Issues booklets to bring Jesus into conversation with people. Discuss the conversation that is illustrated in the material. Get your JG to think about creative ways this can be adapted to suit their personality. Ask them to think about what is hard or easy about this approach.