- 1st year member models a 20-minute time of personal worship using PRAISE. This is the last week that the Leader’s Guide will suggest modeling personal worship. However, anytime you feel it is needed, feel free to use this as a teaching tool to encourage your JG to develop this crucial spiritual discipline.
- Review the “Learning the Books of the New Testament” illustration and the “foundation” (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts).
- TRUTH – discuss the meaning of stewardship and ownership. Make sure the JG understands that Stewardship is management of the owner’s resources. Discuss how this perspective impacts the financial decisions we make.
- TRUTH – discuss the meaning of contentment. Randy would like you to emphasize these points:
- Contentment must be learned (Philippians 4:11)
- Prosperity offers equal challenge as lack when learning contentment (Philippians 4:12)
- Contentment is only realized through the strengthening power of Christ (Philippians 4:13)
- MISSION – Discuss prayer lists. Ask a few people to share why certain people are on their list.